weBoost 470105 Connect 3G-X Extreme Signal Booster Kit
Availability: In stock
- Boosts the Voice and 3G networks from all major carriers
- Most powerful 3G system available
- Can cover up to 10,000 sq ft with a strong existing outside signal. A weaker outside signal will result in less coverage.
The weBoost 470105 Connect 3G-X Extreme Signal Booster Kit is the newest version of the Wilson 460105 AG Pro 70 Dual-Band Signal Booster kit. The weBoost Connect 3G-X Extreme kit is one of the strongest boosters available on the market, is designed to boost the voice and 3G networks for most of the major carriers in the United States and Canada, has the highest quality cables and antennas available from weBoost, and will cover a large to very large sized home or office with boosted signal, assuming a strong outside signal.
In terms of setup and operation, the weBoost Connect 3G-X Extreme kit uses a yagi directional outside antenna that's typically mounted on a vertical pole on the roof of your home or office to pick up the existing cell signal in your area. That signal is sent over a cable to the weBoost Connect 3G-X amplifier, which boosts the signal and sends it over another cable to the inside antenna. The inside antenna broadcasts the boosted signal into your home or office giving you a usable indoor cell signal. The weBoost 470105 Connect 3G-X Extreme Signal Booster Kit includes everything you need to quickly and easily install the system and immediately start having great cell signal. If you can't mount an antenna on the roof of your home or office, please contact us to discuss other potential options.
No 4G LTE Support
Many carriers are moving everything quickly to their 4G LTE networks including voice calls. At some point in the near future, we'll start to see 4G-LTE only phones that will no longer be able to take advantage of 2G/3G boosters like this one. To ensure that the signal booster you get will work well for years to come, we generally recommend systems that support 4G LTE in addition to the 2G and 3G networks like the weBoost 471104 Connect 4G-X Extreme Signal Booster Kit. However, if you plan to keep your older phone for the foreseeable future and don't need the faster LTE data speeds, a 2G/3G booster like this one should work out just fine for you.
The existing outside signal strength that you receive from the roof of your home or office (where you would mount the outside antenna) has a large impact on the amount of coverage area you get from a signal booster. It is important to remember that there are many factors that go into determining the coverage area, so actual results may vary from these estimates.
- If you have an existing strong 5-bar outside signal, you may receive up to 10,000 sq ft of boosted signal inside the building.*
- If you have an existing 3 to 4-bar (-90 dB) outside signal, you may receive up to 7,500 sq ft of boosted signal inside the building.*
- If you have an existing 1 to 2-bar (-100 dB) outside signal, you may receive up to 2,000 sq ft of boosted signal inside the building*.
- If you have no existing outside signal, then a signal booster likely will not work in your situation unfortunately.
If you require more coverage than you can get from a single weBoost Connect 3G-X system, it is possible to use multiple kits within the same building. Each Connect 3G-X system would require its own dedicated outside antenna. Each outside antenna should be mounted at least 5 ft. from all other outside antennas. If you're not sure about how to cover your larger building with a boosted signal, please Contact Us and we can help design a custom solution for your building.
The weBoost 470105 Connect 3G-X supports the 2G & 3G networks from virtually all carriers in the United States and Canada. For other locations, please consult the frequencies listed below to see if this product will work for you. This kit will not boost the 4G LTE networks from any carrier.
Here is a more detailed breakdown of the carriers, networks and frequencies boosted by this kit:
- AT&T 2G, 3G & 4G HSPA+
- Verizon 2G & 3G
- Sprint 2G & 3G
- T-Mobile 2G & 3G
- US Cellular 2G & 3G
- All other carriers using 800 MHz & 1900 MHz
Please Note: This signal booster kit will not work in most European, Asian, and African countries because the frequencies used there are different than those boosted by this equipment.
- weBoost Connect 3G-X 70dB amplifier
- weBoost Directional Outside Antenna with 75' Black Ultra Low Loss Cable (952375)
- weBoost Panel Inside Antenna with 60' Black Ultra Low Loss Cable (952360)
- AC Power Supply
- Installation Guide
The weBoost 470105 Connect 3G-X comes with everything that you need for immediate installation, however, there are a few of additional items you may want to consider.
For locations that receive thunderstorms and lightning, a lightning surge protector kit will protect against nearby lightning strikes that cause surges in static electricity that can damage the amplifier. It contains a gas discharge that will automatically cut the connection between the amplifier and the outside antenna when a surge is detected.
The included directional outside antenna is designed to be mounted to a pole that is 2 inches in diameter or less. If you do not have an existing tv antenna or other pole you plan to use, a Pole Mount Kit is a convenient and low cost option. It simply attaches to a flat vertical surface and provides with with a foot of vertical pole to attach the antenna and rotate into place.
Installing the weBoost 470105 Connect 3G-X Extreme Signal Booster Kit system is fairly straightforward, but will require running cable from the roof or elevated location into the building, as well as potentially drilling and screwing in components. If you feel comfortable with this level of installation, then feel free to proceed, otherwise you may want to consider hiring a general contractor, electrician, satellite TV installer, or handyman to assist in the installation.
Additionally, before you begin, we recommend that you start with a soft installation, where you don't permanently mount components, drill holes or finalize cable runs until you're sure that the system is performing to the level that you would like. Once you've tested out antenna and component locations, and are satisfied with the results, then you can go ahead and permanently install everything. Finally, read through the entire set of installation instructions both here and in the included manual before beginning, and feel free to call us with any questions before you proceed.
- We'll start the installation from the roof and work our way into the house. First, start by determining the part of the roof that receives the best signal, as we'll want to locate the directional antenna there and ideally aim it away from the house (and not back over the roof). Once you've identified the portion of the roof which is best, locate the vertical pole which you'll be mounting the yagi directional antenna as high up on the roof as possible. Attach the directional antenna and temporarily aim it away from the house. Run the 75 ft. cable from the antenna into the attic of the house, if possible through a vent or soffit, but you may need to drill a hole at this step.
- Once the cable is inside the house, we recommend running the cables and locating the inside antenna in the attic of the house (If this is not possible, please call us to discuss other installation locations). The amplifier can either be located in the attic if there is an area with AC power, or down in the living space for easier access. To start Run the cable to the area where you plan to locate the amplifier. If you've purchased a lighting surge protector, attach that now, and then connect the 2ft cable to the "Outside Antenna" port of the amplifier. Otherwise directly connect the outside cable to the "Outside Antenna" port. Connect the 60 ft cable to the "Inside Port" on the other side of the amplifier, and run it to the center of the attic. Connect the panel antenna and lay it face down on the floor of the attic.
- Once all of the components are connected, power on the amplifier by plugging it in. As it's powering up, you should see the lights flashing, and then check to see that they turn solid green. If the lights are not solid green, check out the portion of the owners manual that discusses the indicator lights to find out what they mean. Of, you can always contact us for help.
- Directional antennas must be aimed for best results. When aiming and when mounting the antenna, make sure that it is parallel with the ground, do not aim it up at the sky or down at the ground. Start with the antenna high on the roof pointed in one direction. Turn on the system and have a person inside stand 10 ft in front of the inside antenna and take a signal reading with their phone in field test mode. If possible, you should also disable 4G LTE on your phone since this device does not boost the 4G LTE networks. Rotate the outside antenna 45 degrees (1/8th of the way around) and then pause for 60 seconds. After the pause, the person inside should take another signal reading from exactly the same spot, and then you can repeat the process. After you've gone all the way around, mount the antenna facing in the direction with the strongest signal (decibel signal reading will be closest to 0). If possible, also mount the antenna on that side of the home or office so that it's pointing away from the building and not over the building.
The included manual is very helpful and we recommend reading through it before beginning the installation. If you run into any issues, feel free to contact us for help.
* The actual coverage area of a signal booster is dependent on many factors including existing outside signal strength, obstructions between you and the cell tower, the materials used in your home or office, the layout of the area you need to cover with a boosted signal, and other factors. The approximate coverage areas listed above are estimates. Actual coverage area will vary based on these and other factors. If you're not sure if a system will be powerful enough for your needs, contact us to find out.
|System Type||Wireless Coverage - can use phone as you normally do within coverage area|
|Coverage Area||Up to 10,000 sq. ft.|
|Power Requirements||AC/DC 6 V / 2.5 A|
|User and Installation Manual|
|Frequency Bands||800 MHz, 1900 MHz|
|Specific Frequency (Up/Down)||824 - 849 MHz / 869 - 894 MHz, 1850 - 1910 MHz / 1930 - 1990 MHz|
This is a CONSUMER device.
BEFORE USE, you MUST REGISTER THIS DEVICE with your wireless provider and have your provider's consent. Most wireless providers consent to the use of signal boosters. Some providers may not consent to the use of this device on their network. If you are unsure, contact your provider. You MUST operate this device with approved antennas and cables as specified by the manufacturer. Antennas MUST be installed at least 20 cm (8 inches) from any person. You MUST cease operating this device immediately if requested by the FCC or a licensed wireless service provider. WARNING. E911 location information may not be provided or may be inaccurate for calls served by using this device.
Please note, the four largest carriers - AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon and Sprint - and more than 90 regional carriers have given blanket consent for use of all boosters certified to the new FCC standards.